Tuesday, April 11, 2006

I have always think of myself as a good netizen. In other words, I believe myself a no-one guy over the internet, but well educated. I got a wiki, before wikipedia was mainstream. I programmed with php when it didn't have objects and GET and POST variable were the same. You say Object Oriented, I said Design by Contract. Have a rocketmail account! Yes, that was before hotmail existed. Ok, I was late to blogs things... But what I intend to say (I'm not just fancing. I know I'm not really so avant-garde) is that is common for me to read good stuff that I don't think my peers know. Ruby on Rails? For example. Have you read Paul Graham? That's a place you can start to learn lots and lots. Have you played with Flickr? Librarything? Frappr? Come on guys. If you want a healthy internet you need to be active in the community... All this rant comes from the basic principle that we tend to be apathic. Only use what's needed. There are so many things worth playing. Yes, it cost. Of course, I wouldn't be of any use if only the web was my life. The thing is meat space can benefit from you being online! Have you searched for your community? I mean, at least in Mexico there is the presidential elections coming soon. I receive many mails against el peje, but have I searched for the truth? It is rather stupid to make your opinion based on chain messages. No matter if they are true. We must step back and consciously search for answers.
On the side note, I commonly help people, but it's an unfocused thing. One fish a day, instead of a school of how to fish... Now I'm changing it from the cozy web. I'm starting a Freecycle group in Guadalajara. I haven't received the approval, but what the heck, I won't accept members until I receive it. But I want my friends to know, to participate. It's a great idea. I have to be part of this. If you find a typo or anything, tell me.

ps. I won't link to those awesome topics I just tell. Hoping that will prompt a conscious decision if you want to follow the lead.

4 Comments:

Blogger Alarum Raia said...

Err... bueno, aquí voy....

Llegué a tu blog a través del link que Héctor Padilla tiene en el suyo -y encontrar el de él fue una curiosa casualidad- y soy una asidua lectora. Nunca te había saludado porque supuse que no te acordarías de mí, o tal vez sí.

En fin, decido alzar la voz -las letras, pues- porque me interesó tu grupo de freecycle. Aunque es un poco tarde porque me acabo de cambiar de casa y tiré muchas cosas que a alguien más le podrían haber servido. Pero bueno, soy una de esas personas que guarda cosas y cosas y cosas porque le da no-sé-qué tirarlas y eventualmente tendré algo qué ofrecer. Además, tengo una extraña fijación por las cosas viejas -ahem, será por eso que soy historiadora?

Estoy tratando de unirme al grupo pero no sé si es mi conexión o la página que están un poco torpes.

Saludos!!

marialaura

9:58 AM  
Blogger Guillermo said...

Hola, Maria Laura? De la prepa?? una foto en tu blog me ayudaría, jeje.

¡Que chido que te lata Freecycle! Tú dime y yo te ayudo a entrarle. Otros compas sí han podido por la página, pero si gustas mandame un mail a guillermo.alcantara en gmail.com. Sólo necesito tu correo para mandarte la invitación.

ps. Ya el grupo está aprobado y sale en la página de freecycle.org y todo el show ;)

10:22 AM  
Blogger Alarum Raia said...

ja! en la única foto de mí misma que tengo en el blog, salgo disfrazada, así que no creo que te sirva mucho, je.

Sí, de la prepa... ¿el apodo "polla" te suena? ji ji. A veces paseaba por ahí con Esmeralda, Pollo, David, Luis de Alba, Nura y Diana...

Ya me inscribí al grupo, gracias. Sí se pudo, sólo que estaba muy lento. Ya recibí los primeros correos.

2:33 PM  
Blogger Guillermo said...

Ah! Claro que me acuerdo de ti, jejeje. Que bueno que ya entraste al grupo. Aun no hay actividad per se. Pero ya puedes ir escribiendo. Yo pienso en el fin poner las cosas que encuentre en la casa, je.

2:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home