Saturday, July 28, 2007

I don't know why but my last dream was heavily based around multiple realities. To be honest, I slept a couple of hours longer than I should, just to see how the story would develop. I feel kind of guilty and stupid for this. I mean, who dreams about stories where you aren't anywhere there? Maybe writers, I hope so. I feel guilty because all these marvels are mine alone, and I think a friend or two would enjoy them (maybe precisely because these dreams aren't about me :P).

Pardon me for not narrating this and instead dissect it. Someone once said a good storyteller avoids facts at all, romance, feelings, that's the stuff you need to pour. Once again, that someone wasn't real so who cares :P

This story starts with a guy, which incidentally resembles me (don't blame me for recycling sprites), who had an interesting childhood (there the resemblance breaks down). As a child he was visited by his future self. In an attempt to improve himself he gave the boy fifteen index cards. All the tips, data and knowledge he would need to be "better". You know the drill. "What advice would I tell my younger self?" Well, this is what might happen. What he didn't foresee was a simple problem. That boy aged to be successful without learning. He never really grow up. In a sense he was kind of retarded. He trusted his cards more than anyone could say. Only his nearest friends would know about it. Future-no-more-real self wasn't so egotist, so he made also cards for his friends. That made marvels as well for his friends, except they weren't so tempted to absolutely trust those devices. In a sense, they got the bonus without the handicap. All this is just the setting, how about complications, isn't? It's amazing to know as a flash all this things. Anywho, the story continues by some friends worried about the immature protagonist. Many things happens proving they have a point, but he is afraid. Later I, the expectator, come to realize a terrible truth. Flashback. That future-no-more-real self made 2 visits, not 1. He gave himself a sixteen card that no one should ever know about it. He was supposed to read it and destroy it, once he grew up. I guess it was the safety belt. Now you see that future guy wasn't so dumb, isn't? Well he was, I'm sorry. The kid grew, but never got to quite the intended destination. So grew up impatient to read that card. In there it was described how he will die! A mature person with this knowledge would have come up with "hey, now I know I'm immortal until that moment!"; he wasn't, so he went terrified of his destiny. The hero who should be, wouldn't.
Wow. Someone else besides me thinks it's better than what I would have come up awake? I'm fan of my dreams. I accept that :P Anywho, the problem was worse. That puny incident was a fatal error in a beyond reason strategy. It comes out, that guy was a soldier in a war to be. Fantasy would be in battle with Science Fiction some time in the future. The prize would be the human mind. I'm sorry, I can't stop being meta. So fantasy agents were the guys who gave the power to meet his younger self. That's why all this sounded a bit as a tell tale. All this needing an almost moral was a must. Am I making sense? This means, all this sad story was really a trick! For gaining one soldier, which one day would be decisive in a battle.
That was when myself was on the verge of awakening, but I felt insulted so I forced myself to keep me in story mode. No one messes with my head, I thought. Somehow my mind threaded a solution. Finally, SF got its share of the boy! What they did (their mutant agents) was recycle time. They setup a day that never ends. So the buy would experience in one day, what he should in all those years. Every day it started the same way, only he would remember that day had already happened. He got the chance to experiment outcomes. I think, that's clever. The loop ended when he was mature again. That won't make SF won the war, but at least it's a fair competition again. I wish I could know what will follow... =)

Editorial remark: I don't know why my mind made Fantasy the "bad guy". Maybe it's only I know that deception is more natural to it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home