Sunday, October 09, 2005

Yesterday was kinda split, I do enjoyed it, and yet a part of me was in another place in a what-if universe... What would have been if things had gone other way, if she had say yes. I constantly backed that thought off. So at the end I won, lots of laughs, lots of hugs, lots of photos and a good night.
Things to remember there are two. One is a check. One is a bless??
As usual, I was precise on time at the church. For those you don't remember, yesterday a good friend, el Tío, married by the law of their god. People still find it strange that I go to that kind of festivity (instead of just arriving to the party). I go there for a simple reason. That's the moment they cherish most. It is not about what I believe in that point, is about them, what itsymbolizee to them. The thing about me always giving some coins after the Mass, well, that's another story, a pact, if you wish to call it. Anyway, the interesting bit was two phased. In the first scene, I'm there with frank and pillo. Then the priest ask us to kneel down. I didn't, usually not everybody does, so I thought, it won't be seen so rude. Yet frank these guys started asking, kneel, kneel. I had to say no. People around noticed, the mask was over, one could say. Of course I didn't sang neither did I prayed the "Our Father". And here's where the second phase entered. I was standing still, with a respectful position. Arms behind my back, head straight front. One hand holding the wrist of the other, you know what I'm talking. And suddenly I start feeling tickles. Or maybe you could call it, ants. Thousand of them marshalling through my left open hand. Have you ever felt electricity running through your arm? I have, twice, it was similar but not the same. That current was felt up to half my bicep. I started feeling it when they sang the prayer, and it fall when they ended, leaving a small white noise behind. I know I know, too much julio and james sounding like...Butt I wouldn'tsuppresss it from the blog. Don't know what was that. I could go by a cheap "my arm blood pressure dropped when I held my wrist. And it fall by the mixed causes, of blood reaching equilibrium and myself knowing that if it was some kind of 'spiritual energy' it would cease by the end of the chant". But no. I won't.
The other thing is a merry moment. As a group, we decided to give a special present to saúl. We couldn't make our minds of anything better that giving him money, why, because that thing about getting married has just one constant, it punishes the wallet and big. However we did a special thing to that unimaginative gift, we gave it, in the form of a huge check. Just as what you have seen in the tv. A check so big it was carried by two. In the lower corner, there was the list of all of us. I hope to get the photo soon and post it here.


ps. should I get a signature?

2 Comments:

Blogger darth_julius said...

Whoa! Memo!.. you started to feel God!.. well, I felt the Holy Spirit on a very similar way, but the tickles were so intense even in the head, very very intense... in all the body, the head.. and together with a Big Feeling of joy... If you want your proof, you should go someday to the "Retiro" David and me went. Man, God is REAL!.

11:01 PM  
Blogger darth_julius said...

I forgot to mention that I've been praying for you on Thursdays, I've been asking HIM to show you your proof.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home