Monday, October 24, 2005

Not much to tell, mainly because I don't know how to say it. The rough fact is that yesterday I took Kundalini Reiki 1. The good news is that most of my friends still think that's strange from my part. I have to say it, I don't want to be so associated with reiki. Why? Because it is surrounded by a fanatic aura. Yet, I wanted to experiment with it. You know me, I'm curious. James offered to teach me tons of styles, I only wanted something that could get me started and see if I got anything out of it.
The "iniciation" is pretty simple. No blood is involved :/ No white capucha. No great architect. Can you believe it, no ancient forgotten language. No black cloud forming above behind of one... KR is pretty simple, it's supposed to work just by volition. No prop necessary. It took about 30 min in a chair. Most of the time I felt nothing. Not even the good old nihil one experience while meditating. Just me in a chair, thinking "wow, how will I tell james that nothing is going on?" I said most of it, because at the beginning I did felt a soft warm in the back of my head, then it felt heavy. Anyway I was starting to worry, because I knew someone was going to come and I should "heal" it, with this non-sensed energy... And then I felt a small tickle. There james said it was almost finished, the process. I thought "hey, maybe if he continues a bit longer it could work". However, we concluded. By serendipity I touched the tips of my hands, well, almost. Somehow I felt as if I had magnets at the tip, so I could sense from distance the contour. I began experimenting with it. For instance I discovered that my right hand was like a shell, while my left was list a well. If I had to describe that "energy", I'll use water as the metaphor. I dislike such a concept anyway. New agers should learn what energy means, before using the word so easily. Next, you'll hear about ships traveling with parsecs as velocity unit... Anyway, then I tried to sleep. However a guy came. I still had (and have) doubts, despite it, I tried my best to do as james said. There I discovered two things. One, what a great thing that I'm not a physician. While I was "treating" him, I was more interested in playing than "healing". I can imagine myself being fascinated by an abscess instead of saving the pacient... Well, I did focus but most of myself kept trying to play instead of following the procedure... The other thing that I learnt was that I could sense that flow. Don't have yet a clue of what happened. I can't explain it. However, it felt like I could touch a fluid springing through my hands and reaching another liquid fluid. I could move my fingers across that invisible layer above the guy... It felt strange. Once I touched a part which I sensed as dry. James explained to me later, that it was a block in the chakra... Anyway, my conclusion of that "therapy" is that I can't say that thing heals or works in anyway, but I felt something. Was it my imagination? Maybe. I'll keep investigating. I do know that I'm not going to be all reiki...

ps to myself, the duck is gone.

2 Comments:

Blogger darth_julius said...

You don't believe in those things remember, that energy probably is just a product of your imagination, remember the Physics definition of Energy Einstein :P hahaha..

*CHEERS!

12:02 PM  
Blogger Guillermo said...

That's the good thing of old good science. It doesn't matter what one thinks. Believing that X exist or not, shouldn't get in the way of science. It's about discovering, not about holding beliefs. =)

If you followed my post, you have seen that when I use the word energy for that reiki thing, I use it with disdain, for that's not the proper word for it. Yet people use it, so in order for you to understand me, I use it. An endless supply of energy goes against what we currently know. Yes I use on purpose the _currently_ word. Can this reiki thing be measured? Can this be proven to inflect heat over water? Can it modify a magnetic field? Those are the questions I have yet to answer. Notice how I can't yet get to any healing nature, or "intelligent energy". Old simple, KISS principle.

12:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home