Thursday, April 12, 2007

It's been a long time since I was insulted. She called me "Peje". Wow...

I wasn't insulted because of being compared to him... no, I was insulted because I thought we were discussing as adults. There's a meme called Godwin's law. It comes from the Usenet. Applies to most situations. Arguing for a long time makes the probability of comparisons with Nazis or Hitler, 1. There, the custom is, whoever do that, automatically loses the argument. That's why I stopped right there. At Mexico, comparing with Nazis is a bit artificial, but who is there to "scare"? Yep, Peje. Or if you want the formal term, Argumentum ad hominem.

It's ok that you don't agree with me. Only, please, don't use such fallacies. Days ago I heard Savater saying, "the bad thing about postmodernism is the idea that any opinion is valid" (paraphrases mine). Truth isn't adquired if you use fallacies. Truthiness may be appealing to some. However, don't come to me with that.

PS Sorry if I offended someone by calling "discussing as adults". That came from the gut. This being an emotional place, I considered it best to keep it. My hope is that people will understand why I felt insulted.

Labels: ,

7 Comments:

Blogger darth_julius said...

Yes in fact she called yoy "Peje" but she was doing a metaphore about you and him, most of the times you feel as if your word where absolute truth, you feel so confident in your arguments and sometimes don't hear the other persons or their opinions are just mere "stupidities" for you. That makes you a "Peje".. or stubborn person.

11:25 AM  
Blogger Guillermo said...

There's a difference between being confident and not listening. I do hear your arguments. I found them mistaken, but not stupid.

I admit, I found utmost queer your beliefs about NWO, but even those I listen.

How can you know if I'm listening? Simple, ask me what have you said, why do I think you said that and so.

I'm stubborn I don't deny it. However I don't think the first thing people think when asked for the Peje, is to describe him as stubborn...

11:51 AM  
Blogger Alan Valdez said...

What is the first thing?

5:14 PM  
Blogger Guillermo said...

When I think about him my mind goes: Liar, Paranoid, Corrupt. When asked to describe Peje's way of discussing things I would say: Liar, Looking for complots, Denier of evidence if it points against him, Always calling names, Dividing people as us vs them, calling himself the hope-bringer... and so on. Is he stubborn? Absolutely. However that's by far the way I would describe it...

5:35 PM  
Blogger darth_julius said...

Is just a definition of stubborn.. as he thinks he's always right and the others are wrong! (as you). That's my definition.

8:22 AM  
Blogger Guillermo said...

Merriam-Webster says stubborn is "unreasonable" or obstinate. I think julio refers to me by the second definition. Obstinate, "perversely adhering to an opinion, purpose, or course in spite of reason, arguments, or persuasion" or "not easily subdued, remedied, or removed". As you can see, being Manicheist isn't part of being stubborn. Have a good day.

9:27 AM  
Blogger anissa said...

Sorry pero te voy a contaminar tu blog con mi español... En primer lugar si te sentiste ofendido, no fue la intención, una disculpa. Creo que lo tomaste de la peor manera (para nada apegada al significado que le quería dar)y ahora te lo voy a explicar...
Cuando se discutía sobre algún punto, ¿nunca llegaste a escuchar cuando se decía: "gánale al pri"? por aquello de que duró muuuucho tiempo en el poder y no había poder humano que lo quitara... bueno, ahora el pri salió de la presidencia, es decir, ya se le ganó a dicho partido. Bueno, pues ahora en base a esa frase de gánale al pri, QUE YA NO QUEDA MÁS, dije gánale al peje porque a pesar de que se volvió a hacer el conteo de votos, el sigue diciendo que fue fraude... y a pesar de todos, se pronunció como Nuestro Presidente... o sea, no te compares con el peje, simplemente no lo pudimos convencer de que no ganó, pero más que nada fue porque antes se decía "al PRI", y ya no queda... a eso me refería, y perdón, pero creo que te fuiste al extremo. Yo te respeto en primer lugar como persona y en segundo lugar como amigo de julio y amigo mío (que si me lo permites,ya te considero). En fin, creo que te fuiste lejos eh? jajaja.

12:46 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home