Thursday, December 23, 2010

Being in this country is different. The novelty has wear off, but things aren't normal. Today I smiled when I saw a cop giving candies to random kids in a store. Not an image I'm used to. Cops inside a store? Where I come from, they are not allowed. Private security guards do the job. If they have to call the cops, then something serious is happening. Second, giving candies? Salesmen would be doing that. Third, asking the parents if he could do it? Salesmen wouldn't do that. On the other side of the border, it's parents responsibility to watch over their kids.

I won't judge which scenario is best. That's not my point. Little things keep reminding me I'm not from here.

Do I want to be from here? That's a question not yet to be answered, but definitely in the air.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home