Saturday, January 06, 2007

One of my latest projects revolve around "Making a Universe". People misunderstand. As much as I'd love it, it ain't a MMORPG. And never will be. It exists because I've got a theory. If you can make one, you'll understand quite more this. Anyway, I'm exploring. Any mathematical sound model exist as much as the universe. Don't remember the mathematician who said that. So, don't want to break dreams, there aren't dragons here. Not yet.
Started simple. Just make a universe where nothing is possible. It's boring, I know. So what's next? One where I could be. So created space. Didn't mention time, 'cause couldn't figure a universe without it. Here unexpected things happen. Can't do a Newtonian universe! It's easier to have time-space relative. It ain't Euclidean. It's just a network, a connected graph. You see, I'm trying to do low-end physics. I wonder with excitement where will I end up! For now my universe is isotropic. Meaning, no preference in direction. I can't discriminate a place from another, not per se. It's a quantitative universe. Just like what I get of QM. I see it as plank scale, anyway. However, the thing is, I'm striving for reality AND locality!!
To any one not familiar with physics... Current theory has a problem. Either we are real or there's causality. Maybe none exist. Reread it. It is philosophy to many. Science to a few. there is a moon when no one sees it... or there's some super-luminal activity. And I'm doing UT of all this!! It's awesome.
How can you prove there's reality? By having classes, chunks of memory representing things. And locality?? That's tough. Yet simple. Demeter's law! And testing against it. Incidentally that's how I implemented the well-known c. In my universe, nothing can happen faster. Notice I have yet to implement any force: gravity or EM. Could create a field with in space called "mass". I won't! See where I'm going? Higgs field. Our universe has the strange fact of having Time asymmetrical. I'll struggle with it. Somehow. Again, we have the tendency to have as much inertia as mass. It won't be hard coded! And I can continue...
What do I want to achieve? An algorithm for existence. Unit tested! Would it have any merit? Dunno. It isn't my place to judge. I'm here for the joy. And it is in Ruby!

Life's good! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home