Friday, November 26, 2004

Yesterday was a very fun afternoon. I discovered that similar places can feel a lot different with the right mirrors and light. I finally went to Erika's new apartment; she lives in the same set of buildings that Allan, so I expected a very similar place. I think Allan's apartment is rather good to live alone, but having more people is asking for trouble... or so I thought. Erika's a very good hostess, she managed to give me a tour with many footnotes :) (Compare this to the almost silent Allan who more or less said, "meet my place" [and extended the arms]). She even invited me to dinner, but I had already a mission, someday I should take the invitation.

As a side note, I hope that at my return to guadalajara I'll be able to wake up pollo and at last make the so promised move, to independent life :)

My mission for Thursday I have already said to you was to buy Karen's xmas gift. Karen Martinez Martinez, known by some inhuman bureocracy as 34MS, is the name of the little cute 6-year-old girl. So I went with Mariana to a wallmart and walked our way to see clothes. My knowledge of garments is such, that until recent didn't knew about the white socks taboo, jeje. Use them only for sports, or if you are michael jackson... Anyway, that's why asked her the favour, remember that we aren't talking about simple easy boy cloth, no... it's about girls and the complicate set of not written rules they have. It wasn't so hard to find a sweater and a jean that matched and looked fine. The not so easy part was to choose a doll. She is 6, so a barbie wouldn't cut it, too small. (And I wouldn't want to give one anyway.) So we walk through the toy section seeking for one. In the midway I discovered that Mariana didn't had the Santa Claus myth in her childhood. That was more than interesant, because I don't like that myth and if possible I won't transmit it to my offspring. A very funny part was when in the middle of this conversation she started something along the lines "It wasn't hard to know that there is no Santa Claus"... Of course before she was in the middle of that sentence I quickly grabbed her out of the toy section! Could you imagine how many childs could have hear it, jeje. One thing is that I don't like the idea about being child being instructed to believe in empty vessels, but other thing is to crush it. After a time walking around fruits, while we ended that conversation, we returned to the toy area. There I find Scotty, a teddy-puppy. It barked when squezed, and was so fast to learn tricks, as giving the hand, counting and playing dead... yet it had a problem, it didn't had a price or even a bar code. Mariana told me to let it go, that we could find a good doll and she even tried the so low "hey, how about this Winnie Poo", shame on you! Maybe was the fact that it wasn't a so clean dog, it took him (Scotty) a while to make Mariana fond of him. At the end we went to pay and I standed there asking how much Scotty was valued. She tells me that she have never done that, that she will normally just buy another thing... we spent like an hour waiting for the price, I even had time to joke with the teller and ask her about her job. I didnĀ“t knew that they have a special carpet to step on, to keep blood running for all these hours having to stay stand up. Eventually a manager came, with a somewhat nervous glance and said in low voice 75, as if being afraid I wouldn't pay so low price for a great friend, jeje. I felt in debt with Mariana for her aid, and for taking so much of her time (specially since she wouldn't wait for a toy so long...); so I invited her to China in a Box, a very cool place to eat a lot. We had a great time and as always I couldn't finish my box, jeje.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home